Where is the “you are here” for everyone in your organization?
Every person in an organization, no matter how large or small, needs to know exactly how they fit into the organization, how their work contributes to success, so that their moment-to-moment and day-to-day decisions are aligned with your goals.
How effectively are you aligning people and managing performance? Take this short quiz to find out:
HOW EFFECTIVELY ARE YOU ALIGNING PEOPLE AND MANAGING PERFORMANCE?
1. Performance expectations are clearly aligned with major functional areas of organization.
2. Workflow processes are clearly defined, efficient and effective.
3. Communication systems are varied, regular and comprehensive.
4. You proactively manage performance by hiring for talent.
5. You provide opportunities for development in both technical (content area expertise) and interpersonal skill sets.
6. Leaders at every level have excellent coaching, communication and influencing skills to manage performance effectively.
7. Teams demonstrate an understanding of cross-functional areas of the business and utilize each other’s strengths to meet goals and share best practices.
How many “no” answers did you have?
1-2: There is a good chance that you are losing some efficiency with a lack of alignment.
3-4: There is a significant chance that you have overlapping of work tasks and wasted energy and resources.
More than 4: You are missing opportunities to create a true commitment culture by investing in alignment-even those who have the best intentions are having to guess about some areas of their work, which means that you are wasting resources, energy and time.