STRATEGY AND VISION WORK
One characteristic that will set you apart from most leaders is that you have a clearly articulated vision and you can get others to follow you—sounds easy, but it’s surprising how many leaders simply take this for granted. This means your strategy is:
|1. written down||4. practical|
|2. specific||5. accessible|
|3. measurable||6. achievable|
COULD YOU BENEFIT FROM STRATEGY CONSULTING?
1. Everyone on my team or in my organization knows what the vision is and easily can state the mission and values.
2. Everyone knows exactly how their daily work (roles and tasks) contribute to the fulfilling of the organization mission/vision.
3. I have identified the critical success factors of my business services and products.
4. I have accessible data to measure success in key areas-people, processes, profits.
5. I have clearly defined decision-making processes for hiring, investing resources and making changes to the business.
6. We have a clear strategic profile and know our goals related to products, services and customer relationships.
7. I manage my personal and business time effectively as a leader.
8. I can effectively influence others to create buy-in and commitment.
How many “no” answers did you have?
1-2: you are probably okay.
3-4: you should review your current strategy and messaging to make
sure people and resources (time/money/energy) are aligned.
More than 4: you (or your team) may be seriously missing the mark with maximizing your efforts
and resources to meet your goals and vision. You need a clear strategy, for sure!